In 2004, our beginning goal was to provide one-on-one reading instruction that has proven to produce great readers who know how to learn from what they read. A year later, after the requests of many parents, we added math tutoring that improves math understanding and daily application success.
Our Approach To Reading Tutoring
From the beginning we determined we would provide more than is expected from reading tutoring. Our search for a better method lead us to the system we use today. We teach students of all ages to read with a phonics method that removes the need to guess, and allows the student to read words they have never seen before. The teaching system we use is so effective that it is used around the world in private and public schools, and in hundreds of settings just like ours.
Our Approach to Math Tutoring
Through experience we know that math tutoring needs to do more than help a student with his or her current math homework. If a student is having difficulty with math today, it’s usually due to a lack of understanding of several concepts that weren’t learned well in previous years.
To help the student overcome what’s holding them back, we enhance math tutoring by also covering topics that need to be relearned.
Our Education and Experience
Brynda Filkins, Licensed Reading Instruction Specialist and Brain Integration Therapist
- Degrees: BA, MLS (Bachelor of Arts in English and Master of Library Science)
- Certifications: (1) Permanent teacher certification for English, grades 7-12, New York and New Jersey
(2) Licensed Reading Instruction Specialist
(3) Qualified home school curriculum evaluator, State of Colorado
- Brynda has taught in the public school and homeschool settings, levels K-12
- Trained in Brain Integration Therapy
David Filkins, Licensed Reading Instruction Specialist and Math Tutor
- Degree: BSEE (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering)
- Certification: Licensed Reading Instruction Specialist
- David has experience as an engineer, a trainer and teacher in public and private sector settings